KEEP UP TO DATE
Stand Up to Stand Out
17/07/2021 @ 11:00 am – 1:00 pm BST
- Need a post lockdown confidence boost to face the real world?
- Want to write new comedy material and develop your performance style?
- Performing stand up comedy, presenting online or speaking in public for the first time?
- Nervous about using humour?
- Then this workshop needs YOU!
Lynne Parker, the founder of Funny Women, has been running her comedy workshops since 2009 and is running her first live ‘in person’ Stand Up to Stand Out workshop for over a year. This is the ideal opportunity to reclaim your comedy ‘mojo’ now that venues are opening up and a great introduction for those new to stand up.
We’ve witnessed the genesis of many comedy careers here at Funny Women through our Awards and community events. We’ve helped hundreds of women to gain the confidence to perform on stage and in the boardroom. Now that ‘performances’ will no longer be confined to virtual platforms, regaining your confidence and skills is a top priority.
This workshop covers:
- Building the confidence to perform
- Developing your personal style or ‘persona’
- Introducing techniques to create new material
- Advice on how to ‘up your game’
Here’s what past participants say:
“Thanks for a fabulous experience I had a wonderful two hours! I was also blown away by your lovely comments I really never expected anyone to think I had any talent!”
“Thank you so much for your inspiration and the confidence we gained from the workshop.”
“Thank you for hosting a fabulous session on Saturday – the turn out and commitment to everything was great and demonstrates to me how invaluable Funny Women is in showcasing and developing female led comedy.”
This is a two hour workshop and numbers are limited due to social distancing.
Join our Patreon now and take part in this workshop free of charge!
Half price for members of The Groucho Club.