Freesat, the UK’s free to air satellite TV platform has announced the launch of subscription streaming service BritBox UK on its 4K TV boxes. To mark the launch, which coincides with BritBox announcing that their first original commission – the new series of Spitting Image – is hitting the platform on 3rd October, Freesat has rounded up the best British comedies that TV has to offer, all of which are available on BritBox.
Created by the BBC and ITV and featuring all the most talked about and award-winning British dramas, comedies, films and documentaries from the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5; BritBox allows viewers to access all of their favourite British programmes in one place and ad free.
Comedy pick-me-up is always a good shout when times are (somewhat) challenging and BritBox has amassed an extensive array of top-shelf comedy from over the decades, including:
- The Office: Regarded as one of the greatest TV shows in recent years, Ricky Gervais’ smash hit mockumentary is essential British comedy viewing
- The Thick of It: Arguably more relevant than ever before, this political satire (…which might feel more like real life at the moment) about the British government is a darkly comic take on the corridors of power
- Peep Show: A cult British television sitcom about two desperately self-absorbed pals and their total inability to function as normal human beings
- Cold Feet: Both heart-warming and heart-wrenching by turn, Cold Feet follows a group of friends from Manchester as they navigate love, loss and living through the decades
- Only Fools and Horses: This great British institution is arguably one of the best comedies to ever air, following two brothers who buy and sell almost anything
- The Good Life: Regarded as one of Britain’s finest sitcoms, about a middle-class couple who decide to turn their home into a self-sufficient farm
- Friday Night Dinner: This British television sitcom is focused on the chaotic dinner experience of the middle-class British Jewish Goodman family every Friday night
- Mum: An award-winning comedy about a recently widowed woman rediscovering herself amidst her thoughtless family
- Plebs: A modern comedy in an ancient setting, following three luckless lads trying to make their way in the world of ancient Rome
- Spitting Image: And last, but by no means least! This British satirical television puppet show is returning to screens on 3rd October after over two decades. A BritBox original which will be available exclusively on the platform
Whatever type of comedy you’re after, BritBox has got you covered. BritBox joins the ever-growing list of content choices available for Freesat viewers, including On Demand players like BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub and other optional paid streaming services.
Freesat’s new range of 4K TV Boxes are now available at Currys PC World and Amazon. For more information, please visit Freesat’s website: www.freesat.co.uk