The Comedy Women in Print prize longlist has been announced for its first award for published authors.
CWIP founder Helen Lederer said: “It’s overwhelming to see how much interest and support there is for CWIP – ably demonstrated by the high quality of wit in our first longlist – easy proof this award was needed and that witty women authors are alive, well and writing.
“Laughing can be as baffling as it is thrilling, but we salute anyone who can make us do that with words on the page.”
The longlist is:
- Dear Mrs Bird by AJ Pearce
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
- Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal
- Faking Friends by Jane Fallon
- Forging on by Catherine Robinson
- Hot Mess by Lucy Vine
- Killing It by Asia Mackay
- Miss Blaine’s Prefect and the Golden Samovar by Olga Wojta
- One in a Million by Lindsey Kelk
- The Exact Opposite of Okay by Laura Steven
- The Wedding Date by Zara Stoneley
- Why Mummy Swears by Gill Sims
The winning author will be offered a £2,000 cash award, with £250 for each shortlisted author.
The shortlist will be announced on 3oth May and the winners announced on 10th July.