The nation’s favourite comedy channel, Gold has announced the return of its annual national joke competition to discover the best new Christmas cracker gags – covering all the ups and downs of 2018 – as written by the British public.
Last year’s winning one-liner was a political pun, “Why was Theresa May sacked as Nativity Manager? She couldn’t run a stable government.”, with 2016’s top spot being taken by “How will Christmas dinner be different after Brexit? No Brussels.”
The best jokes will be shortlisted by a comedy panel led by Bruce Dessau. Bruce said, “What a year 2018 has been – despite everything this year has thrown at us, we can usually manage to find something to giggle about. From England’s remarkable performance at the World Cup, to Theresa May’s questionable dancing, there is certainly plenty of scope for jokers to play with this Christmas. I’m so excited to see what comic gems emerge from Gold’s Christmas Crackers competition this year!”
Gerald Casey, Gold channel director, said, “2018 has undoubtedly been a year of ups and downs – whilst it may feel like the world’s still a bit topsy-turvy around us, our sense of humour remains as strong as ever. I can’t wait to hear what our nation’s jokers come up with this year – I’m sure we’ve got a lot of crackers to look forward to this Christmas!”
Britons will pull an astounding 300 million crackers on Christmas Day and Gold’s mission is to keep the giggles going with new topical, seasonal gags. The competition is open until 11.59pm on Sunday 28th October 2018 and can be entered by tweeting new, original and funny Christmas jokes with the hashtag #GoldCrackers.
The winner will receive £1,500 holiday vouchers, a festive-themed hamper, as well as having their joke included in their own personalised set of crackers ready to pull on the big day. The nine runners-up will each receive a festive Christmas hamper, and a box of bespoke Gold Christmas crackers, which includes the top six winning jokes.
HOW TO ENTER
Open to all UK residents aged 18 and over, to enter please:
- Tweet a Christmas-themed joke via your personal Twitter account including #GoldCrackers
- Gold is looking for the most original festive jokes that put a comedy twist on the news agenda or pop culture across the past year
- Jokes must be original content and suitable for a family audience (e.g. no swear words)
- The joke entry must be included within one tweet (i.e. not be more than 280 characters), including #GoldCrackers
- Multiple entries are allowed
- All entrants must follow @GoldChannel – but the @GoldChannel twitter handle does not need to be included in the joke entry
For further information on the terms and conditions, please visit https://gold.uktv.co.uk/article/christmas-crackers-2018-terms-conditions/